Resources, held December 4 - 6, 2012, in Berlin, Germany, gathered researchers, industry leaders and policy-makers from around the world to review advances and share experiences related to integration of renewable and distributed energy resources onto the evolving electric transmission and distribution system. Specific objectives of the conference were to discuss results and status of national programs, research and demonstration activities; to stimulate coordination and cooperation among international and regional activities; and to identify research needs and potential solutions related to technical, market and regulatory issues.
In addition to the main conference technical program, a poster presentation session highlighted posters detailing a wide range of research and project developments germane to the grid integration of distributed and renewable energy resources. The posters, available for download below, were organized according to five core topics and nine sub-topic areas.
Core Topic Areas
- Future Vision (e.g., novel proposals on large-scale DER integration projects)
- Regulations and Standards (e.g., innovative regulations and rulemaking conducive to DER expansion)
- Integration Planning (e.g., inventive business models and system planning involving DER aggregation)
- Engineering, Implementation, System Operation and Markets (e.g., results of on-going large- and small-scale experiments involving DER aggregation)
- Advances in Equipment, Topologies and Reliability (e.g., innovative IC technology enhancing DER expansion, such as control, metering, and electricity storage)